returnInField doesn't work

ron barber rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Mon Jun 27 19:14:09 EDT 2005

Hi Friedrich,

I'm sure Kenji's suggestion will do what you want to do. It might be
helpful for you to read the find command in the docs to understand the
various types of find and why one works for unicode and others don't.

Along with Kenji's method, I also use  offset:

       put the number of chars of the text of me into endchar
       put offset(findword,fld id 1003) into startchar
       if startchar is not 0 then
         select char startchar to startchar+endchar-1 of fld id 1003
       end if

hth
Ron