Confirm Long File Name Bug in Player Object

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Jun 25 11:57:04 EDT 2005

Sivakatirswami-

Friday, June 24, 2005, 10:55:21 PM, you wrote:

S>    answer "Are you finished with the last one? If so, shall I clear
S> the header info?" with "No" or "Yes"

I understand the intent, but I have to say that I find two yes-or-no
questions in a single answer dialog with a single response a bit
confusing to the user.

S>    put theTape into tTruncatedFileName
S>      put char 1 to 13 of (item -1 of theTape) & ".mp3"  into item -1
S> of tTruncatedFileName
S>      rename file theTape to tTruncatedFileName

... and here I would check to make sure that file tTruncatedFileName
doesn't already exist before trying to rename it...

Anyway, glad you found a workaround for now.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net