images

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Mon Jun 27 09:35:46 EDT 2005

>Message: 19
>Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:53:01 -0400
>From: Jon <jbondy at sover.net>
>Subject: images
>To: Revolution List <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>I'm still fiddling with the Nine Ball With Spin game. I want to modify
>the ball images, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do
>that. I figured out where the images were, in a "graphic", but can't
>figure out any way to actually see the image, save it modify it, load
>it, etc.
>
>Any hints? The property Inspector seems useless in this situation,
>which seems strange.
>
>Jon

Jon,

I'm not the best person to answer this question but try the following:

on mouseUP
   ask  "What image to save?"
   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   put it into theImageToSave
   ask file "Give it what file name? (Don't forget the suffix.)"
   if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   put it into fileName
   if it is not empty then
     put "binFile:"&fileName into theLongFileName
   else
     exit mouseUp
   end if
   put image theImageToSave into url theLongFileName
end mouseUP

In theImageToSave be sure to include the suffix, e.g. ".png"

This handler should put a file on disk which you can edit in
PhotoShop/Elements or whatever.

It might be nice if Run Rev included an "Export" menu option to go
with the "Import" menu option.

Somehow the numbers of the ball got lost in some of the iterations of
Nine Ball.

You will find Nine Ball using Scott's shiny balls *with* attached
numbers on my web site:

http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/

Jim