WinXP limits question

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sat Jun 25 05:25:57 EDT 2005

although after 8000 your computer can start crawling, i've seen folders with
64000 things in them no probs.

Files limit? I see about 1 million files anytime. No probs. We have 33
million files or something like that in our file systems - and past a
certain size, the system's capacity wasn't the problem, but backing it up -
the monthly backups would take much more than just a weekend...

Subfolders limit - i haven't seen the limit on and in any 3-400GB drive yet
- believe me these are big folders.

The only limit is "path names". If they are longuer than x bytes you might
get errors but you can go around it with mount points (see subst.exe) or
shares mounted as volumes which will shorten the path anytime.

cheers
Xavier