Confirm Long File Name Bug in Player Object

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Jun 25 01:55:21 EDT 2005

OK I throw in the towel... I'll rename the files for now on the users
hard drive while retaining the long file name for all other processes
other than simply to play the player... this solves the immediate
problem and by changing a few other scripts that refer to the field
that contains the path to refer instead to  the custom prop that
contains a  <32 filename... I'm good to go.... and I'll offer some
mangoes to the Gods of the temple of Run Rev that they will fix this
before I get back to building the other apps related to this project,
in those contexts I definitely do not want to be changing these files
names...

oh...viz-a-viz the bug categorizatioin:  i guess, since I *can* carry
on, this is indeed not a true "blocker"...

:-)  I see what you mean... a true blocker should mean I can't do
*anything* to continue.

global theTape
on mouseUp
   answer "Are you finished with the last one? If so, shall I clear
the header info?" with "No" or "Yes"
   if it is "No" then exit to top
   answer file "Locate the sound file you want to transcribe."  with
(fld "localPath" of stack "atra-prefs" &"/")
       if it is empty then exit mouseUp
   put it into theTape
    put empty into fld "theTotalTime"
   put theTape into fld "soundfile"
   set the uActualFileName of fld "soundFile" to theTape
   set the itemdel to "/"
   if len(item -1 of theTape)>32 then
   put theTape into tTruncatedFileName
     put char 1 to 13 of (item -1 of theTape) & ".mp3"  into item -1
of tTruncatedFileName
     rename file theTape to tTruncatedFileName
     put tTruncatedFileName into theTape
       set the uActualFileName of fld "soundFile" to theTape
     end if
   set the filename of player "theTape" to theTape
   clearHeader
end mouseUp