Convolve External Fixed (Was Re: Sucess compiling Alex Tweedly DLL!)

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Fri Jun 24 18:55:47 EDT 2005

I to have had great success compiling the example DLL provided by Alex
Tweedly.  Alex's walk through should be included within the SDK.

So now that I know how to compile with Bloodshed C++, I was able to fix
the Convolve example code that comes within the SDK.  It will now
successfully handle the new image format that is used within engine's
version 2.4.2 and higher.

You can download the updated Convolve External, Source Code and Example
stack from...

      http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/products/convolve3.zip

I am still working on it though to try to figure out how to remove the
black borders that sometimes appear on the edges of convolved images,
but at least now the image is being rendered properly.

If someone could compile the code on the Macintosh and Linux side then
we would have an all around Convolve external that is much faster than
the scripted version.  We'll see though!

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software