Winner nr. 2 of the CCC

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Fri Jun 24 16:27:31 EDT 2005

Dear Revolution Community!

In case you haven't joined us at ChatRev and also for later review,
we'd like to announce the second place in the ChatRev Coding Contest:
It goes to  for Malte Brill. We discuss each of the categories as
defined in the rules for the simple challenge.

If you would like to have a look at the stack that won the second
prize, please type the following line in your message box:
go stack url "http://contest.wecode.org/malte_brill.rev"

Each Judge voted between 1 and 10 where 10 is the best.

Malte had the following votes:
Originality: 30
Style: 33
FunFactor: 29
Readability: 37
All added up: 129

Ro Nagey had this to say about Malte's stack:

Style:
Malte did a great job in the presentation of his stack: the formatted
text in the top field makes reading the code much easier than a plain
text version would have been. The graphics are pleasing.  Negatives:
the plain 'OK' button, the fact that the stack is resizable but the
fields don't adapt and the lack of a 'design' to the stack in terms  of
color and theme.

Originality:
This is a great stack that not only meets the rules but also gives an
immediate lesson in a great programming idea!

Fun:
OK, this is not an arcade game, so fun is a relative concept. One
aspect that made me smile was guessing that he probably developed  this
for other work, realized that it was less than 10 lines, and is sharing
it with us! And, I liked the fact that he points out the  comments are
there to pad it out to 10 lines.

Readability:
Excellent, again, the formatted text is a factor as is the horizontal
scrolling bar. The only thing I would have added is a comment about
the second line of his script. Perhaps he will explain that tonight.

Final thoughts:
This is the kind of entry that not only wins on its own merits, it  has
given me all sorts of ideas of how to improve my own work in the
future - the best of both worlds.

Best regards,

The ChatRev Coding Contest Judges

--

http://contest.wecode.org
Now running: the first ChatRev coding contest!