Confirm Long File Name Bug in Player Object

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Jun 24 14:06:14 EDT 2005

On Jun 24, 2005, at 11:20 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> DS> I didn't make up the definition, so I might be way off.
>
> I don't think you're way off, but off enough to be wrong.

I have a vague memory of being wrong before, so that is possible.

> To my mind, a blocker is "I can't do xyz in rev" for one reason or
> another and this prevents me from delivering my application to my
> clients. Whether this is because of a development issue for which
> there is no workaround or because of a runtime issue is merely
> academic. If I can't get something accomplished in rev and have to
> switch to another tool, that's a blocker.

I guess my point is that it is not a "to my mind" thing.  It is a
matter of respecting the definition set up by Runrev.  Runrev might
have limited Blocker to only bugs that had to do with the color green
and I would be inclined to submit to that, though I might mock it.

Even so, I admit that I might be reading in something more stringent
than what is there.

Dar