is within ... polygon shape?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Jun 24 13:23:26 EDT 2005

Recently, Jim Hurley  wrote:

> I don't understand what you mean when you say it fails with large polygons.
>
> In the stack below, it doesn't seem to make any difference how large
> the polygons are. I can't image why Rev would fail to recognize when
> a point is within a polygon.
>
> go stack url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/CollidingPolygons.rev"

Because on my end I tried:

  if firstWithinSecond("mypoly1","mypoly2") *and* ...

instead of:

  if firstWithinSecond("mypoly1","mypoly2") *or*

Replacing "and" with "or" makes your routine work as expected (I should have
known something was up on my end being the math guru that you are).

So Jonathan, there you are: two routines that allow you to test intersection
with images or polygons.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director