advice

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Jun 24 11:33:37 EDT 2005

Hi Chriss,

Le 24 juin 05 à 17:17, Chris Sheffield a écrit :

>  I would think it would be faster to compress/decompress one file
> as opposed to many, but it would also mean that upon restoring the
> archive, I would need to decompress that archive and save it to a
> temporary stack file, then delete that temp file when the process
> is complete.

If you want to be flexible (for instance to display a file names
list, choose one to decompress and so on without having to make any
change to your archive - which is always better for security) you
will compress the files first.
In addition, accessing to the needed data for archive management will
be faster.
As for me I would try to avoid to manipulate files... if they don't
need it.
Question of reliability :-)
My two cents.

Best Regards from Paris,