Any experience with Expect

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Jun 24 11:29:14 EDT 2005

Glen-

Friday, June 24, 2005, 7:08:43 AM, you wrote:

GB> 1. I was wondering if Rev would not be a good alternative to this in
GB> native form?

GB> 2. Or would it be feasible to make Expect a Rev external ?

Maybe I'm mising the point, but I don't see what would be gained by
either of these. Expect uses Tcl/Tk to handle text scripts for
controlling command-line programs. I don't see where a GUI wrapper
would help in either creating scripts or running them. You'd still
have to write the scripts and then hand them off to Tcl/Tk for
execution. Possibly in archiving and retrieving regression tests, but
rev seems a bit of overkill in that department.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net