Fast/slow code example

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri Jun 24 07:39:57 EDT 2005

Langers Christian wrote:

> Thanks for your answer,
>
>>> Keep in mind that to answer correctly your request, this post
>>> should be a 300 pages book :-)
>>

> Wouldn't it be time to write that book ? ;-)
>
> I see a little bit better how to optimize my scripts...
>
> Perhaps, I will find more infos in the online scripting conferences  ?

See
http://www.sonsothunder.com/index2.htm?http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/revolution.htm
particularly the section headed "Scripting tricks"

and
http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/scriptstyle.html
(Only a small part about speed - but lots of other good stuff in there).

But always remember the key points
 - don't optimize too early
 - don't optimize unless it matters
 - get the architecture right first, then the data structure, then the code