compileIt for revolution?

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Fri Jun 24 01:09:37 EDT 2005

Dennis.....

You make some excellent points. I don't think that *my* programming
needs should drive the direction of the language or the tool. And I'm
certainly not opposed even to *major* extensions and enhancements of
the language. My only real sticking point is that if and when new
things are added, they be done in a way that is as cross-platform as
possible, as innocuous to coders for other platforms as feasible, and
implemented in a way that keeps the consistent flavor and style of
xTalk, including its verbosity.

Verbosity is a virtue in my mind. Not only does it make code more
readable and therefore maintainable, but I can't tell you how many
times I've just sort of guessed at what command or property change
might have some desired effect only to have it behave exactly as
predicted. Only with xTalk and Python have I had that kind of
experience. And I love it!

Dan Shafer, Revolution Consultant and Author
http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.shafermedia.com/revolutionbooks.html