Choosing printer from within a script

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Jun 23 21:31:47 EDT 2005

On 6/23/05 1:23 PM, "Lynch, Jonathan" <bnz2 at cdc.gov> wrote:

> Thanks Ken!
>
> What versions of windows allow you to use Vbscript in this way? I see
> many uses for such a thing.

All of 'em... (actually I think you need to have at least Internet Explorer
4.x or later in Windows 95). However different versions of the OS will
support different sets of functionality depending on what you're asking for.
Keep in mind that certain VBS actions may trigger anti-virus detectors
(generally anything that manipulates files like the FileSystem object). But
if you're just "getting" info, you should be safe.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com