ANN Daily Crytoquote--my misspelling

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Thu Jun 23 09:08:16 EDT 2005

>Message: 18
>Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:53:01 -0700
>From: Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net>
>Subject:  Re: use-revolution Digest, Vol 21, Issue 133
>
>Jim-
>
>Wednesday, June 22, 2005, 5:57:53 PM, you wrote:
>
>JH> It should be red because it is still a coded letter like all the rest
>JH> of the coded letters in red.
>
>Interesting. Mine start out blue. Then when I try out a letter the
>corresponding letters all turn black. Double-clicking on it restores
>the encrypted letter, but then I have some letters in blue (the ones I
>haven't tried yet)and some in red (those that I've rejected).
>
>--
>-Mark Wieder
>  mwieder at ahsoftware.net

Mark,

Now I understand you.

I suspect I used a message box routine to initially set the color of
the encoded field to red. Funny that didn't stick to the download.
You might try setting them to red initially and see if it behaves as
expected.

I may repost the stack. There is also a problem if one drops a
character onto a space by accident. And the size of the decoder
substack can be cut by 75% using the compression suggestion of
Jacque's.

Jim