compileIt for revolution?

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Wed Jun 22 21:19:51 EDT 2005

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> What aspects have you found confusing?

Well, for me it's confusing due to how I've learned every language in
the past.  I learned HyperTalk, Transcript, Perl, PHP and ASP by simply
looking at examples and then trying to make them work.  Then slowly I
would add in other features until eventually I had a general
understanding of how the language worked.

My hope was that the same concept would apply with C.  Unfortunately the
examples within the Revolution Externals SDK would never compile on the
first try.  I would do what I thought was right, and every time I would
get nothing but errors.

So I figured maybe it was because I had the wrong compiler, so I
downloaded as many free compilers (for Windows) and tried them all.
Then I hopped on a few friends computers who had MS Visual C, Visual C
.Net and Visual C++ 2005 Express.  They would all fail.

Now, thanks to Alex Tweedly, I have something to go on.  I am
re-downloading Bloodshed C++ and I will be attempting his walk through.
  If it works, I will be saving it and will use it in the future to
setup all future externals.

Alex did exactly what should be inside the SDK, a walk through for
individuals who are interested in creating Externals but have no idea
how to do it.  In the end, Alex will be receiving a big thank you.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software