use-revolution Digest, Vol 21, Issue 131

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Wed Jun 22 20:57:53 EDT 2005

>------------------------------
>
>Message: 10
>Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:57:52 -0700
>From: Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net>
>Subject: Re: ANN Daily Crytoquote
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>Jim-
>
>Wednesday, June 22, 2005, 9:07:16 AM, you wrote:
>
>JH> The stack downloads daily quotes (usually 4 in number) from
>JH> http://www.quotationspage.com/. The stack will encrypt these quotes
>JH> and display them for your crypto-pleasure.
>
>When you double-click on a letter to place it back in the rack, the
>script replaces the encrypted letter but makes it red. I'm not sure if
>you intended this on purpose, but setting it to empty instead of red
>gives it the same appearance as the other letters.
>
>...and many thanks for the stack. I'm <sigh> adding it to JQBoggle as
>one of my standard time-wasters.
>
>--
>-Mark Wieder
>  mwieder at ahsoftware.net

Mark,

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm not sure I understand the problem you speak of. When you double
click a trial replacement (a black letter in the encoded field), the
black letter disappears in the encoded field but is place back in the
rack  as a black letter.

The original coded letter is restored and it should be red as it was
before the trial replacement--it should the same as all the other red
encoded letters. The code line that does this is:

set the textcolor of char i of line 1 of field "encoded" to red

It should be red because it is still a coded letter like all the rest
of the coded letters in red.

I have a feeling that I haven't followed you correctly.

Jim