the := operator (affectation)

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Wed Jun 22 18:18:13 EDT 2005

Sorry, Richard, I respectfully disagree.

People learning a new environment are constantly confused when there
are too many ways to do the same thing. Same is true of a programming
language. One of the fundamental design principles behind Python is
that there should be only one right way to do anything. One man's
variety is another's confusion.