compileIt for revolution?

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Wed Jun 22 18:02:38 EDT 2005

Precisely my earlier point.

Rev is not for everything.

If you have an app that needs to engage in this kind of esoteric
processing, then you probably need to pick a different tool either
for the entire app or to create  a whiz-bang external that does this
kind of processing fast enough for your needs.

We need to resist the temptation to make rev into a panacea. A
programming language that is everything to everyone is nothing to
anyone.

On Jun 22, 2005, at 10:04 AM, Gordon Webster wrote:

> no amount of such trickery will ever allow
> me to implement an efficient algorithm in Transcript
> to process large 3-dimensional arrays of floating
> point numbers ... and have it complete while I'm still
> young enough to care about the results.

Dan Shafer, Revolution Consultant and Author
http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.shafermedia.com/revolutionbooks.html