Principles for User-Interface Design

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jun 22 15:36:25 EDT 2005

Judy-

Wednesday, June 22, 2005, 10:19:05 AM, you wrote:

JP> I especially got a kick out of reading what he had to say about
JP> user-configurable UIs and MS Word 6 for Mac.

...and not just user-configurable UIs, but also the... um... I forget
what Microsoft calls it, but it's the thing where the menus have the
most recently-used items rearranged on the fly by default.

Kids - don't try this at home. These are clowns^H^H^H^HMicrosoft
engineers at work designing your user experience.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net