ANN Daily Crytoquote

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 22 13:25:37 EDT 2005

On 6/22/05 11:07 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> The big problem with the decoder is the size of the dictionary (61,000
> entries)--much too big. Many of the words you will not recognize.
> Anyone know of a more reasonable dictionary?

I don't know which dictionary you are using, but my Boggle game uses the
FRELI word list, which is free and unrestricted for anyone's use. It
comes in at 557K. I store it as a .gz compressed custom property and
decompress it into RAM when Boggle opens. This saves a great deal on
disk size.

FRELI is here:

<http://www.nkuitse.com/freli/>

Since I didn't need the parts of speech, I used a regular expression
(using BBEdit) to remove those before storing the file. That also
decreased its size considerably.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com