compileIt for revolution?

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Wed Jun 22 01:53:21 EDT 2005

Not forgetting, Brian, just discounting. :-D

I avoided that stuff like the plague.

Guess I'm a bit of an xtalk purist (or some would say bigot).
Transcript isn't going to be THE solution/language for all problems.
Every time we try to glue something onto it to solve a problem it
wasn't intended to solve, we risk making the stuff it does do easily
and well harder.

Transcript/Rev aren't a general-purpose environment. There's a whole
class of apps for which they are ideally suited. There are also many
for which it's not the right tool. I'm in favor of continuing to make
it do what it does do better and better.

I suspect you are, too, so I'm not being contrary here, just clarifying.