Ann: Simple Spirograph-like toy program.

John Ridge ridge11103 at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 22 10:10:11 EDT 2005

on 21/6/05 11:05 am,  Alex Tweedly wrote :
<snip>

The point of "wait 0 msec with messages" is to provide an opportunity
for other messages to be handled. In this case, the "Stop" button can be
pressed and will stop the drawing by unsetting "gKeepDrawing"; without
the wait line, processing this message wouldn't happen until after the
loop had finished.

Thanks, Alex - now at least I understand the "wait 0"! Very neat... And a
good example of a problem I seem to get too often with the documentation -
it's as if I have to say "OK - now tell me why you told me that".

As for my timing problem - a mystery I prefer not to think about. I shall
pretend it never happened.