zoom image effect?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Jun 22 05:01:58 EDT 2005

Hi Nicolas,

On-the-Fly and not tested but should do the job :-)

function MayIZoomOut pImage
  if the left of img pImage <= 0 then return false
  if the right of img pImage >= the width of this cd then return false
  if the top of img pImage <= 0 then return false
  if the bottom of img pImage >= the height of this cd then return false
  return true
end MayIZoomOut

And inside your repeat loop:
if MayIZoomOut("My image") then...

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 22 juin 05 à 10:50, Nicolas Cueto a écrit :

> Hello List,
>
> I'm not sure if the zoom-like visual effect I'm after
> is easily done but, here goes.
>
> Basically, when a user enters an image with the mouse,
> that  image will get larger, preferably gradually rather
> than instantly. And once the user exits the image, it'll
> return to its original size (again gradually).
>
> Also if possible, when an image object happens to be
> near the edge of the stack, the zoom effect will be
> cotained within the stack's edges.
>
> Of course, the resizing could be done by readjusting the
> width and height, and the "gradual" effect  with a repeat
> loop. But I've no idea how to script the "within stack
> boundaries" limitation.
>
> (I guess I'm also hoping in part that there already exists a
> built-in command in Rev for this effect.)
>
> As always, thank you in advance.

So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86