License key not saved between launches

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jun 22 01:20:10 EDT 2005

On 6/21/05 4:02 PM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> At 12:49 PM -0700 6/21/2005, Steve Wright Jr. wrote:
>
>> I'm installing Revolution and Revolution Dreamcard 2.6 under Mac OS X
>> 10.4.  At each launch, I'm prompted to enter my license key
>> information.  It is never saved.
>>
>> I've verified with support folks that the privileges are set properly
>> on all the files and the directory containing them.  The license.rev
>> file is not locked.
>>
>> This happens on a freshly-installed system, with a new copy of the
>> disk image from the Revolution web site, the Revolution directory
>> copied directly from the disk image into the Applications directory at
>> the root of the drive.
>>
>> Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?
>

> I haven't run into this myself, but if you're not running as an admin
> user, I'd try that as a step to narrowing down the problem. (If it gets
> saved properly when you are an admin, it's probably a permissions
> problem; otherwise it's Something Else.)

He's admin, he sent a Terminal dump of his permissions to support. Steve
and I have gone round about 3 times on this and my ideas are exhausted,
so I sent him to this list on the off chance that someone else might
know what was going on. I'm stumped.

He has properly installed the app onto OS X (more than once,)
permissions look right for the Rev folder and all its components, he's
running under an admin account, and it doesn't sound like he's doing
anything different than the rest of us. I've never heard of this problem
but was glad to see that Dar had seen it in other apps. Now we just need
to figure out what causes it. I'm pretty sure it isn't Rev, or we'd have
seen more of it.

> If you change preferences during a session, do those get saved properly?

Good test to try, I didn't think of that.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com