License key not saved between launches

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Tue Jun 21 17:02:17 EDT 2005

At 12:49 PM -0700 6/21/2005, Steve Wright Jr. wrote:
>I'm installing Revolution and Revolution Dreamcard 2.6 under Mac OS
>X 10.4.  At each launch, I'm prompted to enter my license key
>information.  It is never saved.
>
>I've verified with support folks that the privileges are set
>properly on all the files and the directory containing them.  The
>license.rev file is not locked.
>
>This happens on a freshly-installed system, with a new copy of the
>disk image from the Revolution web site, the Revolution directory
>copied directly from the disk image into the Applications directory
>at the root of the drive.
>
>Has anyone else run into this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?

I haven't run into this myself, but if you're not running as an admin
user, I'd try that as a step to narrowing down the problem. (If it
gets saved properly when you are an admin, it's probably a
permissions problem; otherwise it's Something Else.)

If you change preferences during a session, do those get saved properly?
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com