Dev Tool Bugs, Assumptions, and a Tiny Bit of Advice

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Tue Jun 21 16:28:03 EDT 2005

There's another recipe that I've been using for years :
when you're stopped by a bug that you can't locate,
instead of spending the whole night on it (with little
success but lots of stress), do something completely
different for a couple of hours (go to the movies, have
dinner with friends in a nice restaurant), and then go
back to your problem : very often, it only takes a few
minutes before the solution appears right on your face...

I'm not sure I can explain why, but this works...
As if the brain, by shifting the focus to another activity,
was still having an intense background / unconscious
activity...

JB