Installing MySQL On OSX

Scott Kane scott at samuraibusinesstools.com
Mon Jun 20 02:15:22 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating Rev and so far
I am indeed impressed.  I come from
a Delphi and C++ background so Rev is
quite a clever solution per my eval'
so far.

I do have a question that I wondered if
anybody using Rev might know the answer
to - hopefully.  I'm investigating database
options.  MySQL is a possible solution but
my users would have kittens installing it. <g>
Is there an installation tool available for OSX
that would alleivate this issue - the one with
MySQL is to complex...?

Alternatively I'm looking at ODBC - but it's
limiting because it seems users have to have
MS Office installed to use drivers for the likes
of Access, Paradox dBase etc.

Any suggestions highly regarded.  And I must say
the Rev community is excellent from what I've
read lurking on this email list the last few days.

Kind Regards,

Scott Kane