Non-modal message and take down

Jim Bufalini YourSignup at Yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 00:15:49 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

What's the best way to put up a non-modal message similar to an answer "..."
without an OK button and take it down when the processing completes?

Example:

Message goes up: "I'm doing something. Please Wait..." (no OK button)
(processing continues - non modal) (processing completes) (message goes away
on event).

Is there some feature of answer as in - answer "I'm doing something, please
wait..." with "" (but lets processing continue) that can be taken down with
an event  message rather than a user initiated keystroke or mouse event?

Jim