the object you are editing... Huh?

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Mon Jun 20 23:08:30 EDT 2005

At unpredictable times, when trying to edit a script -- the script of
a card field at the moment -- I get an error message I can't
understand. I'm doing all the logical obvious things that a
moderately competent novice would do, before and after encountering
this error message. They aren't working.

The message:

"The object you are editing appears to have been removed or deleted.
Do you want to copy the text you are editing to the clipboard before
closing this script?" The two response buttons in the error dialog
box are "copy and close" and "close"

--What am I doing wrong?

--What is the significance of this error message? It must occur for a
good reason, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks to all those who have generously offered assistance in the
past week or two.

Cheers,

Tim