Copy card question from 1 stack file to another

Jim Bufalini YourSignup at Yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 16:28:46 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

This has to be simple, but it has me stumped.

I am running rev 2.51 on WinXP

I am copying 20 cards from one stack file to a separate stack in another
file. The cards have two objects I am interested in, an option menu button
and a scrolling field. Selecting the option menu switches cards and displays
the text of the field on that card. This all works fine in the original
stack.

In the original stack, the option menu has the same ID across all cards.
(1784). The field also has the same ID across all cards.(1785). And the two
objects are grouped and set as background. The option menu button is set to
Display name.

After I copy the 20 cards to anther stack in a separate file, everything
looks the same (grouping, settings, etc.), however each option menu and
field has a unique ID in each card. So, when I select an option from the
option menu, it goes to the right card and displays the proper text in the
field, BUT, the display name of the option menu button is "floating" and
random from card to card.

How do I copy the cards so that they are identical and work the same in both
stack files?

Jim