Ann: Simple Spirograph-like toy program.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Jun 18 20:15:17 EDT 2005

Dennis Brown wrote:

> The math should just be a slider for frequency control of a sine
> function multiplied by an initial amplitude value that is reduced
> logarithmically with time based on a slider of friction value.  You
> need one for each axis x,y.  It should be fun figuring out the math,
> since you can see the results of what you are trying.  As for the
> Coriolis force... a slider for latitude perhaps 8^)

See Revonline, alextweedly, Harmonograph  (or under Games, Harmonograph)

Simple two-pendulum harmonograph, always use a single decay rate for
both X and Y, doesn't allow you to set phase, no colours, - so lots of
chances to improve on it if you want.

But all controls are interactive - I had most fun by leaving the decay
rate at 0, setting "Draw forever" and keeping the number of lines
visible fairly small - then playing around with other values while it's
drawing.