Ann: Simple Spirograph-like toy program.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Jun 18 14:40:07 EDT 2005

Dennis Brown wrote:

> Alex,
>
> Thanks for sharing this stack.  I remember when I was a teenager
> (about 3,000 years ago), I helped my dad build a king size dual
> pendulum "spirograph".  One pendulum ran the x axis and the other ran
> the y axis.  It produced very interesting patterns because each
> pendulum was running a sine wave that would decay in amplitude with
> time.  It might be interesting to add that idea somehow to your stack.

Uh, Dennis - I think that would require understanding the maths, as
opposed to merely translating it, which is all I have done so far :-)

So was it just two independent pendulums (pendula?), each controlling an
axis independently ?
Should be worth a try ... do I need to allow for Coriolis force :-) ?
Follow up to come - but not too soon.