Scrollbar (slider) mystery.

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Jun 18 08:08:24 EDT 2005

Thank you all - in case I haven't said it recently, this list is wonderful !

Ken Ray wrote:

>Alex, I just did your example, and I got:
>
>   75  76
>
>That was just dragging out a slider, setting the values as you identified,
>and typing in the message box. I tested in 2.5.1 - what version of Rev are
>you using? And if you're using 2.6, can you try in 2.5.1 and see if you get
>a different result?

I'm on WinXP, still 2.5.1
It was a newly created scrollbar - but I had changed the size so that may have altered the rounding. Tried a brand new one just now without altering size, and get a value of 75.23...

Stephen Barncard wrote:

> may I suggest
>
> set the numberformat to "0"
> put the thumbPos of scrollbar "Slider1" into fR
> put fR && fr+1 into msg
>

> I think we're seeing some kind of dithering when it comes to slider
> values if the numberformat is not set to represent an integer. The
> slider has a finite number of gradations possible at 72 dpi for mac
> and ?? for windows.. and they don't always line up right, hence the
> odd fraction. This is normal.  Just make sure you set the numberformat.

That works well - thanks.
Given that success, I also tried setting the numberformat of the
scrollbar itself, to "0", but that didn't work.

Buster wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Bug 1912
>
> reassigned but not solved
>
> Greetings,
> Wouter

Thanks - I'll add the info about numberformat of the scrollbar being
ineffective ...