Crashing using backgroundColor property

Levi Kendall ljk144 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 10:16:21 EDT 2005

Hi all,

  I'm currently using the "backgroundColor" property to set highlights
in a text field.  The text is being set to the correct color with this
and all appears to be working properly.  However if the user selects
some of the highlighted text and then clicks the left mouse within the
selection it will crash sometimes.  Some text colors work fine while
others can cause the crash.  I've tested this on various machines with
different results.

For my tests Windows 2000 was the most stable and the application
works fine almost all the time.  With Windows XP and Windows 98 the
crash has been easily reproducable and works every time I use some of
the dark colors.

The following stack is what I am using to test this problem.

go URL "http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/l/j/ljk144/palette.rev"

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks
-Levi Kendall