icons

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Jun 17 06:02:59 EDT 2005

Hi Jon,

> Any hints as to how to make an Icon file that Rev is happy with?

you will need an icon editor :-)

> It won't take Windows icon files, and, as usual, the documentation
> is pretty vague

Since it is the documentation for Revolution and not for creating
platform specific images/icons...
There isn't even a slightest hint on how to create images in JPG
format :-p

> ("For a guide to creating yuour [sic] .ico format file use the
> examples in the Sample
> Icons folder of the Revolution distribution.", whatever "use" might
> mean).

"use" means, since the icon format changed some time ago, you can
check how the
new icon format has to look like and USE one of the sample icons as
examples in an icon editor.

The new format is the XP icon format and consists of 9 different
(internal) icons actually.

48*48 pixel, 32 bit
32*32 pixel, 32 bit
16*16 pixel, 32 bit
48*48 pixel, 8 bit
32*32 pixel, 8 bit
16*16 pixel, 8 bit
48*48 pixel, 4 bit
32*32 pixel, 4 bit
16*16 pixel, 4 bit

I use Axialis IconWorkshop, the only Windows software i ever needed
and bought :-)
http://www.axialis.com

Maybe you can find some freeware editors on the net...

> :)
> Jon

Regards

Klaus Major