Custom prop weirdness

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Fri Jun 17 05:46:52 EDT 2005

ok, im working on this bot war concept... Here's a peek...

This is driving me nuts!!!
I got everything going except transcript which wont cooperate...

   create button bot[x,"name"] in grp "arena"
    put it into thebot
    put word 3 of it into btnid

    set the bot["script"] of thebot to bot[x,"botscript"]
    -- no error and no bot custom prop nothing happens

    set the bot["script"] of btn id btnid to bot[x,"botscript"]
    -- no error and no bot custom prop nothing happens

    set the botscript of btn id btnid to bot[x,"botscript"]
    -- THIS WORKS!

BUT if i do this in the message bot

  set the bot["script"] of btn id 1551 to "hello"

it works! i get what i want...

WTF is wrong with the line :

  set the bot["script"] of btn id btnid to bot[x,"botscript"]

?

The array contains a script text, the button id and the button exist and are
valid. There are no reverrors, debugging info - "seems" reliable...

Can anyone explain where the error is?

--

The game is coming along really nicely! I got the game nearly ready except
for the botscript parser to come... Works perfectly except for this

cheers
Xavier