stumped: set script of buttons at runtime

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Jun 16 12:22:46 EDT 2005

Hi Eric,

>So for some
>reason, setting the script of a button at runtime does not seem
>possible.  Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong here??

Runtime changes to scripts by standalones are subject to the 10-line
restriction the applies to the do command.

If you are not building the new script based on runtime info, you could
have a hidden template button containing the new script, change the other
properties of the template button, and replace the old button with a copy
of the template.

Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company