color properties of an image object

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 16:08:24 EDT 2005

I was working with an image object and wanted to set its border to a
specific color. Well, the image object doesn't seem to obey the normal
laws that other objects do.

First, the official word:

"Each Revolution object has eight color "slots", eight properties of
the object that together specify the color of all the object's parts.
These properties are:

foregroundColor: the color of text in the object
backgroundColor: the color the object is filled with
borderColor: the color of the object's borders if its threeD property is false
topColor: the color of a 3-D object's raised edge
bottomColor: the color of a 3-D object's lowered edge
shadowColor: the color of an object's drop shadow
hiliteColor: the color of highlighted objects and of text selections
focusColor: the color of the outline around the object when it has the focus"

However, when you go to the colors pane of the Properties Inspector
for an image object, you're presented with a list of 8 icons labeled
"first color", "second color", etc. instead of foregroundColor,
backgroundColor, etc. However, if you hold the mouse over the icons,
the tooltips do properly identify them. So first question: why are
these not labeled properly?

Secondly, they don't seem to do anything. Setting any of them produces
no noticeable results. Why?

Third, if you color in an image object, that color appears in the
first color icon (where it should really appear in the second color
icon, which corresponds to background color). If you click the icon to
change it, the icon will display the color you chose, but the image
doesn't change. When you come back to that pane in the PI, the icon
has reverted to the actual color of the image object.

So I have two actual questions: 1) what is up with the PI for colors
for the image object, and 2) do all 8 colors actually work with the
image object? In particular, I want to set the border color to
something other than black. I can't seem to do it, even though it has
a border.

Anybody know?

--
Regards,