AN:Particle Interactions

Glenn E. Fisher gefisher at mac.com
Wed Jun 15 15:57:20 EDT 2005

Jon wrote:
> Glenn:
>
> I downloaded the Interactions stack.  The first thing I see is a list
> of particles.  When I click on the buttons, nothing happens.  I'm
> confused, again.
If you place the cursor over one of the buttons, you should see the
following:
"drag to bullet or target" (tool tip message)
I'm sorry but this should have said "Drag to Accelerated Particle or
Target Particle".
So what you do is drag one of the particles to the Accelerated Particle
field.  The cursor will change when you move the cursor over the
correct field.
Then you can click on the "Do It" button to calculate all the allowed
interactions and display them in the field below the "View in Cloud
Chamber" button.

> I then notice the big window, behind the smaller window, and click on
> it.  I click on "Do It".  I'm told "You need to select an interaction
> to view", which is fair enough.  I click on OK  A run-time error
> occurs.  When I click on the "X" icon, I'm not asked if I want to save
> things (which is nicer than with the Optics stack).  When I click on
> the "X" icon for the decays pop-up, I'm asked again (not so nice).
> I'd prefer two buttons, Accept and Cancel.
>
> I finally read the Help (too bad there is no Help button on the
> particles palette window!), and try to drag a particle to the large
> white box on the main window.  It does not work.

You can not drag to that field as I explained above.
Once you do the above, you can select one of the lines (an interaction)
in the display field and then click on the "View in Cloud Chamber"
button to display the graphic of the interaction.

> Again, it looks neat, but I can't figure out what to do with it...
>
> :)
>
> Jon
I'll clean this up a little and try to make the help clearer.
Thanks for the response,
Glenn
--
Glenn E. Fisher	University of Houston - Retired
22402 Diane Dr.	Spring, Tx 77373