Help: script works fine in dev not in standalone

Emilio Gagliardi emilio at ualberta.ca
Tue Jun 14 17:09:36 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've run into a weird problem I'm not sure how to search the archives
for.
I have a parent stack that loads a sub stack.  I need to have data
pass between them so I used the following command to open the child
from the parent:

go to stack "/root/folder/child_stack.rev" as toplevel

In development mode, this code works fine and the code in
child_stack.rev runs as expected.  However, when I compile these .REV
files to standalone apps, the code in the child_stack doesn't work.

The code in the child_stack is simple.  I create a set of buttons
with mouseMove/mouseUp commands so that they can be dragged around
the screen.  I'm attaching the code in the buttons if that helps.
The behavior in standalone mode is that everything is visible, but
the mouseMove doesn't seem to fire.  Also, the ctrl+shift+option key
command doesn't seem to work either.

I guess this leads to a more general question, one that i asked a few
days ago, but obviously didn't quite figure out, and that is, I need
an application to load sub stacks.  I need the sub stack to perform
some non-interruptible task, and then pass control back to the parent
stack.  They need to share data.  is it silly to compile the parent
stack and leave all sub stacks as .rev files?

any advice is appreciated.

Emilio