Associating a file with an Image Object

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Jun 14 07:56:29 EDT 2005

Hi David,

1. The answer file command put the path of the selected file into the
it variable, not its contents :-)
Something like "/Applications/Revolution 2.6/components/help/
dictionary/answer_file_command.xml"
2. There are many ways to display an image : by setting its filename
property (then the image is not in the stack but the stack refers to
a separate  file), by setting its imageData property to the file's
binary contents, etc.
3. You might be interested by my #005 How to drag and drop images and
different ways to STORE images.
Have a look at my website and download Tutorials Picker which allows
to access all tutorials in real time.

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 14 juin 05 à 13:38, David Burgun a écrit :

> on mouseUp
> answer file "Please select an Image"
> put it into field "FilePathName"
>
> --
> --  Now I want to set the image file selected by the user to be
> displayed in "Image1", the following doesn't work!
> --
> set the text of image "Image1" to it
> end mouseUp

So Smart Software

Plugins, tutorials and more on our website
Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86