[V4REV] How correctly prepare stack for cross-platform use ?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 16:00:36 EDT 2005

--- Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>
wrote:
> Hi Revolutioners!
>
> Well, we are almost done with first build of
> Valentina for Revolution,
> And I have meet next problem.
>
> Ivan have prepare about 50 examples working on
> Windows.
> So each example show in the window "Stack
> Properties" some win dll path.
>
> It is easy to see that such stack do not work on MAC
> from box.
> When I set external to our V4REV_Macho, this NOT add
> second line into list
> of externals but erase info about Windows dll.
>
> So I wonder:
>
> 1) if is possible to prepare stack which from box
> will work on MacOS and
> Windows? I.e. It should know about 2 externals, one
> for each platform.
>
> Or it is normal for Revolution world, that developer
> must self tune each
> stack before use it ???  I hard believe into this.
>

> 2) taking into account that I have now on hands 50
> example stacks, It not
> smile to me manually set external for each of them.
> So may be exists way
>
> A) automate this job ?
>
> B) may be it is possible that stack itself on load
> and start set correct
> external according to current platform? But again I
> will need include this
> code into each stack ... May be exists way to put
> this code into some shared
> single stack ?
>

> --
> Best regards,
>
> Ruslan Zasukhin

Hi Ruslan,

You have received answers from other
Revolution/Valentina developers with regards to this
question.
Nevertheless I thought it was necessary to point out
that this is not an issue for those using the revDB
wrapper around Valentina.
I hope this revdb driver is going to be updated for
Valentina 2.0 in the near future ?

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam - Tools for Revolution