Embed Image data in XML?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Jun 13 11:03:47 EDT 2005

On Jun 13, 2005, at 11:52 AM, Levi Kendall wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>   Is there a method that can be used to embed an image directly inside
> an XML node?  Like this would involve converting the binary image data
> to text so it can be stored in the XML and then converting it from
> text back to binary when needed again.  Has anyone tried this before?
>
> -Levi Kendall

Levi,

there are many ways, you could use a CDATA element but I think those
elements are awfull, I'd use base64 to encode it as a string and them
store them on the xml as string. it works fine, but it's big.

Tip:
use export as png then convert to base64, do not base64encode the
imagedata.

Cheers
andre

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL