armed icons?

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Sun Jun 12 19:21:24 EDT 2005

Well, I am going a bit crazy here (again)!!   For certain buttons I
am trying to get an "armedIcon" to be displayed when the mouse enters
the button.  Seems pretty standard, right? Is there some kind of
trick here? Giving the button an icon, a hilite icon and an armed
icon in the property inspector doesn't work (nothing happens when the
mouse enters). Setting the icon, hilite and armed icon with the
messagebox doesn't work (nothing happens when the mouse enters).
Setting the autoArm property of the button to true in combination
with the afore mentioned doesn't work. In fact I've tried every
combination of all of these things and everything I could find in the
docs, but I just can't get a button to switch icons  when the mouse
enters and switch back when it leaves. It seems to me that this
shouldn't be that hard, I would think it works just like a rollover.
I've even tied scripting this (on mouseEnter set the icon to...., on
mouseLeave set the icon to..., etc) but nada. What the heck am i
donig wrog here?

Cheers,

lars