[V4REV] How correctly prepare stack for cross-platform use ?

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Sat Jun 11 17:46:36 EDT 2005

At 00:16 +0300 12.06.2005, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>  > This gives you also a single file to distribute.
>
>Why single?
>But we have also 50 other files located in own sub-folders on disk.

Single stackfile -- all you example stacks are within a single file.
Database and other files come extra, of course.

>As I see in Revolution, you suggest way:
>     one MAIN stack which have 50 sub-stacks, right ?

Yes. Extra files can be placed in subfolders with your main stack
figuring out the correct path to their root folder and passing it in
a global, so example stacks can use relative paths.

>Okay, I like such MAIN stack, with list of all examples.
>This will play role of ExampleGuide.
>
>In the V4RB and V4MD we use PDF for this.
>Well, in V4REV we also may need PDF yet, because few examples have some text
>and even pictures that describe work.

You can include pictures next to or in the text in stacks, but having
printable PDF might be useful anyway.

You could use tabbed interface in the example stacks, with one of the
tabs being description.

Robert