[V4REV] How correctly prepare stack for cross-platform use ?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Jun 11 15:30:29 EDT 2005

Hi Revolutioners!

Well, we are almost done with first build of Valentina for Revolution,
And I have meet next problem.

Ivan have prepare about 50 examples working on Windows.
So each example show in the window "Stack Properties" some win dll path.

It is easy to see that such stack do not work on MAC from box.
When I set external to our V4REV_Macho, this NOT add second line into list
of externals but erase info about Windows dll.

So I wonder:

1) if is possible to prepare stack which from box will work on MacOS and
Windows? I.e. It should know about 2 externals, one for each platform.

Or it is normal for Revolution world, that developer must self tune each
stack before use it ???  I hard believe into this.

2) taking into account that I have now on hands 50 example stacks, It not
smile to me manually set external for each of them. So may be exists way

A) automate this job ?

B) may be it is possible that stack itself on load and start set correct
external according to current platform? But again I will need include this
code into each stack ... May be exists way to put this code into some shared
single stack ?

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin