Dreamcard, am I missing something?

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Jun 11 07:20:51 EDT 2005

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Alex Tweedly wrote:
>
>> So I guess it's not important to RunRev ....
>

> It may be a question of visibility, and hopefully the new activity
> with those reports will grab their attention.
>
> Given the strategic role for the Player in evangelizing the
> technology, I would imagine it would warrant a priority once they
> pause and think about the implications of this bug.

I hope so.
I did discuss it (briefly) with Kevin at EuroRevCon back in November,
and gave him the BZ number and some more info (possibly including a demo
- not sure), so I don't think it just "slipped under the radar".

If they could just fix this, and one or other of 2596 or 2597 (Cannot
have two instances of DC Player at same time, Stacks interfere with each
other within a single instance of DC Player) then I'd be able to go back
to distributing my software via the Player. I did that (in spite of
2138, I just told the users to live with it :-) for a couple of months
before I ran into the 2596/7 issues.  I was a real fan of distributing
40K stacks instead of 2Mb standalones :-)