Processes keep running in Windows after quit

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Fri Jun 10 13:54:25 EDT 2005

Hi Dar,

Thanks for the reply. How might the message queue affect an
attempt to quit a standalone? It is a little strange that this
doesn't cause any problems if I make a simple button containing
no more than a mouseUp handler and a quit command, while there
is a problem if I click the close-box to quit the standalone.

FYI, trapping the closeStackRequest message and closing all
other stacks while subsequently issueing a quit command from
there doesn't help, because the closeStackRequest message
doesn't seemt to be triggered by a click in the closebox.

If anyone has an explanation for this, I'd like to know about
it. If I don't solve this problem, I'll simply have to disable
the close button on windows, which is a very unelegant way to
solve it.

If you'd like to try for yourself, the standalones are available
here:

<http://salery.economy-x-talk.com/main.html>

Best,

Mark

--

eHUG coordinator
mailto:europe at ehug.info
http://home.wanadoo.nl/mark.sch
http://www.ehug.info

Please inform me about vacancies in the field of
general economics at your institute. I am also looking
for new freelance programming projects.