Watch out for 2.6 then going back to 2.5

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Jun 9 18:35:45 EDT 2005

Dennis Brown wrote:
> I could use some help.  I am not sure how to approach trying to  recover
> my stack.  I have lots of backups, but I have to go back many  revisions
> to find a stack the does not produce this error (prior to  my brief
> encounter with 2.6).

If the Rev IDE is not reporting corruption, it may not be corrupted at
all. Your original report said:

    repeat with j=1 to 20
       put j --mssg box contains 1
       get Typ[min(i+1+j,DateLines)] --error on this line

              executing at 11:59:32 AM
     Type    Function: error in source expression
     Object    card id 1002
     Line    get Typ[min(i+1+j,DateLines)]
     Hint    card id 1002

     The error is complaining that j has not been defined yet!!!!

I don't see "j" mentioned specifically in the error report, just "source
expression".  So if "j" is okay and "1" is one and not an undefined
lower-case "L", what's in "i" and "DateLines"?

If those check out, what happens if you delete and retype that line?  It
may be that there's an option-space or other illegal non-printing
character accidently put in there....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation